How angels fight our battles for us
2 Chronicles 20:22
Jehoshaphat was stunned. He had just received word that three well-trained armies were coming against him and the nation of Judah. These were Judah’s neighbours—people they had allowed to live near them in peace.
Fear immediately gripped the hearts of the people of Judah. However, they refused to panic. Instead, the king turned to God through prayer. In fact, the entire nation prayed and fasted, and God responded with a powerful message. In 2 Chronicles 20:12, the king cried out to God, “We are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You.”
Can you imagine the blessing that God received from the proclamation of His people’s total dependence on Him? “All Judah was standing before the Lord, with their infants, their wives and their children” (v. 13). In other words, they were waiting expectantly for God to answer. Their backs were against the wall. The way before them was shut off. There was no hope outside of the hope they had in God.
Have you ever felt this way? If you have, read on. God did not keep His people waiting. He spoke to them through a young prophet. “Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God’s” (v. 15). Then He told them what to do, but the solution required lots of faith. They were to march into battle—but not with their warriors leading the way. Instead, they were to be led into battle by their choir!
The Devil hates praise, and he despises worship given to God. Judah’s enemies heard them coming and were thrown into confusion. When Judah showed up on the scene the battle already had been fought and won by God. Any time God instructs you to wait, sing, trust Him, or be still before Him, you can believe that He has a fleet of angels ready on your behalf. This is what He did for Judah, and He will do the same for you.
- Our hope rests in God alone (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In a Dire Emergency, Fast! (codybateman.org)
- Day 135 – “The Message”, Daily Bible Reading (letsreadthinkpraylive.wordpress.com)
- We Don’t Know What To Do, But Our Eyes Are On You (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- Day 134 – “The Message”, Daily Bible Reading (letsreadthinkpraylive.wordpress.com)
- The battle is the lords (pastorayres.wordpress.com)
- Advent Series Day 4: the lion (everydayawe.com)
- Individuality and Heart Allegiance: Counseling Those Controlled by the Fear of Man (chaplaingary.wordpress.com)
- What the Bible Says About Good and Godly Children (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Day 136 – “The Message”, Daily Bible Reading (letsreadthinkpraylive.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Praise and Worship (bummyla.wordpress.com)