Leave and Cleave
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall
cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Divorce is one of the greatest indictments against the Church of Jesus
Christ in our generation. You would think that with all of God‘s
promises and heaven’s resources at our disposal, the Church would
manage to do better than “match” the world’s divorce rate.
The problem is all too familiar: We failed to follow God’s plan for
marriage. It is clearly spelled out in the Bible, and those who
following his plan to “leave and cleave” will tend to succeed, while
those who don’t follow won’t succeed.
The Bible says a man is supposed to leave his father and mother. If
Mama is still trying to hold onto a man with her apron strings, he has
to cut them before he marries a woman. A man must also leave the control and authority of his father in order to establish his own life.
He should always respect and honour his parents, but that doesn’t mean
they are to control him once he leaves home to set up his own house.
The Hebrew word translated “cleave” means to cling or adhere, to stick
to and pursue hard. A man needs to get his own place and learn how to
take care of himself. He needs to learn how to handle money before he
marries. The point is that when a man marries, his wife has to take
first place above everyone else but God. She gets first rights on a
man’s time, energy and money.
Prayer for Today
I confess that your Word is true! I choose to focus on the wisdom found
in your Word , not on what hear and see in a broken world and broken
lives. I release your power to work in my life and those of my family.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Think on These Things
* Malachi 2:14-16
* Matthew 19:6
- Prayer Points for March 2012 RCCG Special Holy Ghost Service “Let The Fire Fall” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Every Other Miracle Prepare For The Grand Miracle (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You’ve been blessed to be a blessing (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Your Name is a confession (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The All-Powerful Name Of Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The COnfessions of your mouth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Lent 2 – “Who Do You Say That I Am?” (Mark 8:27-38) (revtucher.com)
- Prayer Points from February RCCG Holy Ghost Service “Lift Up You Head Oh Ye Gates” Psalm 24:7 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Divorce and the Scorn of Religion (homophilosophicus.wordpress.com)