For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven…2 Corinthians 5:1-2
When I was a young boy, summers consisted of afternoons on the baseball diamond and meals at Mom’s dinner table. But Mom had a rule: dirty, sweaty boys could never eat at the table. “Go clean up and change your clothes if you want to eat!” And in my mind, a bath and a clean shirt were a small price to pay for a good meal!
From God’s perspective, death is a small price to pay for the privilege of sitting at his table. He said “This body that can be destroyed must clothe itself with something that can never be destroyed.”
God is even more insistent than my mom was! To sit at His table, a change of clothing must also occur. We must die in order for our body to be exchanged for a new one.
When we see death, we see disaster. When Jesus sees death, he sees deliverance!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Meditate On God’s Word (ptl2010.com)
- Dead Man Escapes from Jail! (writenwodexpress.com)
- Believers should never fear death. Here’s Why. (theheadnotthetail.wordpress.com)
- Justification: The Beautiful Exchange (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- In life or in death, holding the Fire (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- My Earthly Father’s Death and the Manifestation of Jesus Christ (briancoatney.com)
- For Your Good (thisonewillbeourpeace.wordpress.com)