Do you express your love to God by serving Him and others?
A life worth living
1 Corinthians 7:19
“For it makes no difference whether or not a man has been circumcised. The important thing is to keep God’s commandments.”
Friend, you have unique talents and abilities that God wants to use for His glory. Your act of love for God is expressed when you serve and keep His commandments. Don’t be dissatisfied with your giftings, but obey God and walk in them.
Serving God with your gifts and obeying his commandments should be a high priority in the life of the believer. This is not to say that you are under the law, but because of His amazing love for you, you can respond in love by serving others with your talents. While you are not trying to earn your righteousness, you should desire to be obedient to Him. Not because you are earning your salvation, but because you love Him.
1John 5:2-3 “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.” NKJV
You are to love God with all of your heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:37). Serving and obeying God should not be burdensome because He loved you first. When I take flowers to my wife, I do not do so because I am married. I do this out of love. In the same way, show your love and affection for God by being committed to witness, read the Bible, pray and love others.
Do you express your love to God by serving Him and others? Remember how God told us to discover a life worth living? Feel safe and secure in the arms of God’s redeeming power and undeniable love. Step out in obedience to Him and share the hope and love of God to this cold, dark world that does not have anything worth living for and sure does not offer anything worth dying for.
Life Lesson: Serving and keeping God’s commandments is not only a commitment but an act of love as well.
Thank You for Your love that sets me free when I ask you to forgive me of my sins. Thank You for allowing me to come to You. Lord, I thank You for the talents and abilities You have given to me. Forgive me where I have envied someone else’s gifts while neglecting to use my own gifts. Help me to be grateful for the call You have for my life so that I can discover purpose and meaning the way You intended. Lord, thank You for Your patience with me. Help me bring hope to a lost and dying world. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Serving and keeping God’s commandments is not only a commitment but an act of love as well (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Free Gift Of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Knows Best (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love And Serve One Another (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Heart of Love (greerhome.wordpress.com)
- Verses of the day- The Love of God (livesharp.org)
- Believe Or Behave – Part I (ptl2010.com)
- God’s Will: Ten Commandments for Every Day (geoffsurratt.com)
- Absolute surrender to God’s will (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Character of the Father. (covenantfamilyaffairs.wordpress.com)
- The Gospel Part One! (randyhenri.wordpress.com)