“Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shalt be forgiven unto men: but blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.”
LUKE 12:10; MATTHEW 12:24-31; MARK 3:22-30
The word “blaspheme” means “to speak evil of; defame; or revile.” In context, Jesus is saying that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is attributing the working of the Holy Spirit to the devil. Many people in the Bible did this, including Saul, who became the Apostle Paul. However, we see in 1 Timothy 1:13, that Paul said he received mercy concerning his blasphemy because he had done it “ignorantly in unbelief.” Therefore, the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost Jesus is warning against must be willfully reviling the Holy Ghost with knowledge of what is being done.
This parallels Hebrews 6:4-6, where qualifications are placed on those who can fall away from grace. This passage indicates that only a mature Christian can commit such a thing. Likewise, with blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, rash statements spoken against the Holy Spirit in ignorance or unbelief by those who don’t really know what they are doing can be forgiven.
From our human perspective, no clear line can be drawn as to when someone becomes accountable for blasphemies and has committed this unpardonable sin. We can be assured that God knows the hearts of all men and that He will judge righteously concerning this. However, God’s Word does show us that when anyone becomes a “reprobate,” they lose all conviction from God (Rom. 1:28).
Therefore, anyone who is convicted and repentant over having possibly blasphemed the Holy Ghost has not yet reached the place where it is unpardonable or they wouldn’t care. Keep your heart tender and sensitive to Him. Listen to His voice speak to you through His Word today.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Pharisees Commit the Unpardonable Sin Matthew 12:31-37 (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Pharisees Commit the Unpardonable Sin Matthew 12:31-37 (loopyloo305.com)
- The Holy Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What is the sin of the world? (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Week 15.4 Jesus and Beelzebul pt 4 (dailybiblestudy.com.au)
- For the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points For April 2012 RCCG Special Children’s Holy Ghost Service “Raising Stars” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- leonard oprea… The Resurrection, the Ascension and The Pentecost – the REVELATION of GOD the ONE (magultheophil.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points for March 2012 RCCG Special Holy Ghost Service “Let The Fire Fall” (bummyla.wordpress.com)