God’s Kind Of Faith
Matthew 8:9-10, “For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.”
MATTHEW 8:5-13, LUKE 7:1-10
There were only two things in all of scripture that caused Jesus to marvel. They were (1) the Centurion’s faith and (2) the Jews’ unbelief (Mk. 6:6). A faith that made Jesus, who is the author and finisher of our faith, marvel is worth examining. This centurion believed that the spoken word of Jesus was sufficient to produce his miracle. He didn’t need Jesus to come to his house. He had faith in Jesus’ word. Therefore, we can see that the person who simply believes the written Word of God is operating in a much higher form of faith than those who require additional proof. Compare this centurion’s faith with the “little” faith of Thomas in John 20:24-29!
Thomas refused to believe what He couldn’t see or feel. Our five senses were given to us by God and are necessary to help us function in this life. But if we do not renew our minds to acknowledge the limits of the five senses, they will keep us from believing. Faith can perceive things that the senses cannot (Heb. 11:1).
The type of faith that Thomas operated in was a human or natural faith that was based on what he could see. Jesus said there was a greater blessing to be obtained. That greater blessing comes from using a supernatural, God-kind of faith that is based only on God’s Word.
Jesus and God’s Word are one (Jn 1:1, 14). Believing God’s Word is not just putting your trust in some printed words on the pages of a book we call the Bible. There is much more involved. It is a relationship with a person, the person behind the words. Get to know Him through His Word.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- If I Just Touch His Clothes, I Will Be Healed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 8th Sunday after Trinity: The Wolves and Your David (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- Does God Still Heal Today? (steveatwood.wordpress.com)
- If God Had A Regrigerator Your Picture Would Be On It! (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- Obedience to God is an expression of our love for Him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Wise Man: The Centurion (frted.wordpress.com)
- 74- (prhayz.com)
- God’s Gracious Invitation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The word of faith which we preach (pastorreeder.wordpress.com)
- The Word of faith which we preach (alcplatteville.wordpress.com)
- Rising into the heavenlies – Smith Wigglesworth (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- What Exactly Is Child Like Faith? (bburleson.wordpress.com)
- Serving God Establishes Our Faith (faith1stministries.com)
- Kitten or Lion; Grasshoppers and Giants? (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- Living the Surrendered Life (Day 20) (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- Question: Are You a Week-end Christian or Are You a 24/7 Christian? What’s Your Answer My Friend? (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Established in Christ (ladysilk13.wordpress.com)
- What about the what abouts? (godhappenings.wordpress.com)
- Listening to God and being faithful to His promises (achristian.wordpress.com)
- “Lord, I am not worthy, but only say the word and my servant will be healed” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- The Church’s One Foundation (pastorreeder.wordpress.com)
- We must exercise our expectancy, part two (examiner.com)
- Built on the Foundation of God’s Word (alcplatteville.wordpress.com)
- Signs of the Last Day’s! (keyword-power.com)
- Faith Blog (mymondaymaptosuccess.typepad.com)
- God Does Provide! — A Lectionary Reflection (bobcornwall.com)
- God In The Public Square – Knowing It All (stacyswimp.net)
- Come To Grace, Share God’s Word (graceblog.wordpress.com)
- Steadfast Exhortations (mitsilancer.wordpress.com)
- Serving God Establishes Our Faith (kimberlymcpherson.wordpress.com)
- Give Me Words (takeitfrommyhands.wordpress.com)