Rapture (Sermon Note) Part 1
Memory Verse: “Behold, I show you a mystery; we shall not sleep, but we shall all be changed,” 1 Corinthians 15:51
Text: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
The second coming of Christ prophesied by Daniel in Daniel 7:13 is a sound biblical fact. This return shall be in two stages. The first, “being like a thief in the night” to receive unto Himself His church. This is popularly called The Rapture.
WHAT IS THE RAPTURE?
The word, Rapture, is not found anywhere in the Bible although it is used describe this great upcoming and memorable event. The rapture is the sudden catching up or sudden disappearance of holy and faithful saints from the earth to meet with our LORD and Saviour in the air. It is also referred to as the translation or translocation of believers – 1 Thess. 4:16-17; 1 Cor. 15:51-58. Examples of such translation in the Old Testament are; Enoch Genesis 5:22-24; Hebrews 11:5 and Elijah – 2 Kings 2:11. It shall be as sudden as the twinkling of an eye – 1 Corinthians 15:52.
WHEN WILL THE RAPTURE TAKE PLACE?
The exact timing of the occurrence of the rapture is not known Matthew 24:42, 44; Matthew 25:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:6. We, however, know that it shall precede the tribulation – 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 5:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:12.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE RAPTURE?
The following are to be expected at the rapture:
- The trumpet of God shall sound – 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16.
- The dead in Christ shall rise first – John 5:25; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; 1 Corinthians 15:23.
- Saints which are alive shall be “caught up” to meet our LORD in the air – 1 Thessalonians 4:17; 1 Corinthians 15:51.
- The dead in Christ and saints who are left shall have glorified or immortal bodies and live forever – 1 Corinthians 15:52; Philippians 3:20-21; Colossians 3:4; 1 John 3:2.
- There shall be extraordinary chaos here on earth – 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3; Matthew 24:40-41.
HOW WILL IT HAPPEN?
- It shall happen suddenly – 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 5:3; Matthew 24:36-41.
- The power of God shall make all saints’ bodies immortal – Philippians 3:21.
- Sudden chaos.
The greatest calamity that could befall anyone who claims to be a believer is to be left behind after the rapture. Our Lord Jesus Christ warned us to be alert and ready! Mark 13:32-37.
Are you ready?
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- The Rapture…God’s Sanctification of the Church through the Spirit (ptl2010.com)
- Christianity And Homosexuality Part 1 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What is the Rapture? (prophecyfortoday.org)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper – WILL WE ARRIVE BLAMELESS ON THE DAY OF CHRIST? (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- The Rapture (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- The Rapture, by Dr. Andy Woods (lynleahz.com)
- A False Sense of Security (prophecyfortoday.org)
- Who Are the Tribulation Saints? (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Signs of the Times Prophetic Forum – by Dr. David Reagan Part I (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- A THIEF IN THE NIGHT Written by Frank DiMora 2012 Edition (frankdimora.typepad.com)