Ephesians 6. Children and Parents. Family responsibilities. The Christian’s Armor
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. 4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. 5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; 6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; 7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: 8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. 9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. 21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things: 22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts. 23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Romans 16. Personal greetings. Final commendations and greetings (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Romans 6. Dead to sin but alive in union with Christ to God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 13. Final warnings and greetings (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hymn. LORD Jesus Think On Me And Purge Away My Sins (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 3. Servants of God. Jesus Christ is The Only Foundation (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 4. Paul’s zeal in preaching the Gospel. Living by faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 16. The offering for fellow believers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Philemon. Love, Faith And A Slave (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Romans 15. Please others, not yourselves. Paul’s ministry to the Gentiles (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Corinthians 8. Christian giving. Excel in giving (bummyla.wordpress.com)