1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. 2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. 3 I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.
4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. 5 The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. 6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting. 7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. 8 He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. 9 Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.
10 Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. 11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Isaiah 40. The Majesty of the LORD. Words of Hope (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 38. King Hezekiah’s illness, Healing and Recovery (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 44. The folly of idolatry. The LORD is The Only God (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 42. The LORD’s Servant. The servant comes to glorify the LORD (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 43. The LORD The Only Redeemer. God promises to rescue His people (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 34. God will punish His enemies. The LORD’s wrath upon the Nations (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 37. Judah rescued from Sennacherib (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 29. The blindness of Israel. The fate of Jerusalem (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 33. A prayer for help. Salvation for those who trust in God (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 41. God’s assurance to Israel. The final restoration of Israel (KJV) (bummyla.wordpress.com)