Insult (In –Salt) Sermon
TEXT: Proverbs 12:16
“A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult”
USES OF SALT
For healing of wounds
In the old testament for sacrifice – Lev 2:13
The Bible says in Matthew 5:13A
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men”
EXAMPLES IN THE BIBLE
- King Saul. 1 Samuel 1:6-7 (Let Your actions speak for you! Choose to ignore! God will raise Helpers for you!)
- Hannanh – 1 Samuel 1:6-7 (Let It Provoke You To Action)
The 1st human reaction to insults is to retaliate. Insult them back, your flesh wants to do this.
But this is not the Christ way.
1 Peter 2:20-23 says “For what credit is there if you endure the beating you deserve for having done wrong? But if you endure suffering even when you have done right, God will bless you for Christ Himself suffered for you and left you an example, so that you would follow in His steps.
He committed no sin, and no one ever heard a lie come from His lips.
When He was insulted, He did not answer back with an insult; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but placed His hopes in God, the Righteous Judge.”
Solders mocked Him when they put the crown thorn on His head. One of the thieves crucified by His side made fun of Him.
Passerbys shook their heads at Him in disgust as they hurled insults at Him.
He never retaliated. He did not even make threats.
Instead of making threats, Our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ said in Luke 23:34”Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”
Even when He was arrested in Matthew 26:52 He said “Don’t you know that I could call on my Father for help, and at once He would send me more than twelve armies of angels?” (80,000angels)
- Remember nobody can hurt you without your permission.
- Remember nothing will be gained by getting all frustrated and bitter! Proverbs 12:6 says “ A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.”
- Lastly, remember that there will always be somebody who adores everything about you and says only nice things about you, and someone who hates everything about you and has nothing nice to say about you!
- The truth lies somewhere in the middle!
- 2 Corinthians 8:9 “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, (calvinistview.com)
- Sermon February 2013 RCCG Holy Ghost Service By Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Theme – WONDERFUL (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points And Sermon By Pastor E A Adeboye RCCG February 2013 Holy Ghost Service “WONDERFUL” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Dedicate Your Work To God (lynvgarcia.wordpress.com)
- Should We Suffer When Doing Good? (raymcdonald.wordpress.com)
- Give Me More of Christ Not the Devil (conmakhalira.wordpress.com)
- Swollen with Pride (shelleywilliamsblog.com)