What is a real friend?
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17
The great Presbyterian preacher Donald Barnhouse once said, “True love must leave the stage and walk the real paths of life.” By that, he meant that someone who really loves others doesn’t just love in the good seasons of life. They also love in the hard times. They love in both the showroom and the warehouse… in the sanctuary as well as the streets.
That’s the only kind of love that’s truthful because, in life, there are those people who stick by your side when things are great, yet are nowhere to be found when the world seems to collapse around you. That’s because, if we’re honest, being a fair-weather friend is easier than sticking around when the storms hit.
As believers, there are two lessons we can learn from this. First of all, we need to be the kinds of friends who endure tough times with those we love. And second, it’s crucial we seek out friends who will stick with us when hard times come our way.
Godly, enduring friends are one of God’s greatest gifts. So be a true friend by sticking through tough times with others. Find good friends who will do the same with you. And above all else, remember that in Christ, you’ll never walk alone because He sticks closer to you than a brother!
TRUE FRIENDS ENDURE TOUGH TIMES TOGETHER. SEEK OUT AND BE THE KIND OF FRIEND WHO STICKS CLOSE WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- 5 Traits of True Christian FriendsSo, what does (mischemuffin.wordpress.com)
- True Friends (wobgaruphinanjimanted.wordpress.com)
- True Friends (authortlgray.wordpress.com)
- Some Ships Sail……….Some may not! (jimmathinks.wordpress.com)
- TRUE friends in a fake world (chandlermccollough.wordpress.com)
- True friends have a story to tell (vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com)
- True Friends (godspeaking.wordpress.com)
- Seed Sprouts (penelopea57.wordpress.com)
- More Friends Than You Can Count: Why Catholics Pray With the Saints (saintpatrickk.com)
- 16 Quotes on Friendship; How To be a True Friend! (skillcode.wordpress.com)