In God we trust, even when it makes no sense.
Triumph Over Suffering.
In the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me.
Psalm 27:5, NKJV.
Believers of every generation have triumphed over their suffering as they placed their faith in God, trusting Him even when they didn’t understand why. And every generation has suffered to a greater or lesser degree.
My generation has not been exempt. There has been unfathomable hopelessness and helplessness in the killing fields of Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge, Boko Haram insurgency and senseless killings in Nigeria, in the massacres under the vicious anarchy of the Red Guard in China, in the senseless slaughter between tribes in Rwanda, in the torture chambers supervised by the butcher of Baghdad. . . . Sometimes it’s just so hard to understand!
Yet God is bigger than our suffering. We can have hope as we place our trust in Him – in His faithfulness and in His ability to work out in our lives His purposes that will be for our ultimate good and His eternal glory. So . . . when you suffer, just trust Him!
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- Looking Beyond the Killing Fields in Cambodia – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Trust In His Name (promisebook.net)
- Lean not on your own understanding (vanguardngr.com)
- Putting Your Faith In God (richlineministry.wordpress.com)
- Witness for the Prosecution (slate.com)
- The Battle of Suffering (thehealingwriter.com)
- Is He The One? (andyetstillirise.wordpress.com)
- Womanizer (christlikearticles.wordpress.com)
- 4 Things Christians Know About Suffering (truepilgrim.com)