Let’s sing this hymn meditatively:
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This morning, let’s look at a message themed:
Text: Psalm 91.
There are two words there.
Divine is what is heavenly, more importantly from God.
Assurance is a positive declaration intended to give confidence; a promise.
Divine Assurance therefore means a positive declaration from God that is giving a confidence that all is well.
In this time of noisome pestilence, what we need is not vaccine but an assurance of God that all is well.
In verse 3, we have the assurance that He, God shall deliver us from the noisome pestilence.
In verse 7, we are assured that irrespective of the number that will be confirmed positive, we shall not be among.
Verse 10 says there shall no evil befall us, neither shall any plague or pandemic come near our dwelling
In verse 16, we are assured that we shall not die young.
God is not a talkative, neither will He promise what He won’t do.
His word is His bond. He honours His word more than His name.
To crown it all, in Isaiah 43:26, He urged us to remind Him in case we feel He has forgotten His promises.
Consequent upon the above, I will want us to go to Him this morning with His words.
Please remember that he who plead equity must come with clean hands, hence the need to answer two questions which are as follow:
1. Psalm 23:1 says the Lord is my Shepherd.
Ask yourself whether you are His sheep or you are a goat.
His promises are meant for His sheep and not for goats.
2. Psalm 91:1 says He that dwell in the secret place of the Great Shepherd.
Are you dwelling in His secret place or you are visitor to His secret place?
Let us pray:
1. Thank God that you are alive and well. So many people have been infected with Coronavirus, some have even died, but you are alive.
2. Thank God for keeping you in His secret place and in the hollow of His hand, hence no virus can get to you.
3. Thank God for your loved ones, your spouses, children, parents etc.
4. Father, please continue to keep me and my loved ones in your secret place where Coronavirus cannot get to.
Let’s make the following confessions:
A. I barricade myself and family against the invasion of this pandemic in Jesus name.
B. I shall not be numbered among the victim of coronavirus in the name of Jesus.
C. My blood, be vaccinated by the Holy Ghost fire in Jesus name.
D. My glory, escape from every satanic lockdown in the name of Jesus.
E. I refuse to be stranded during and after this pandemic in Jesus name.
F. I connect myself and family to the socket of divine fire, by the power in the Name of Jesus.
Friends, we have started going out since yesterday now.
We don’t know those who are infected or not. We are boarding public transport to and fro. We need Divine Assurance
Therefore, let’s pray like these:
1. Father, don’t ever allow me to stray away from your presence.
2. Father, please laminate my life and loved ones with the blood of Jesus so that I will not be infected whenever I come in contact with the infected patient unknowingly.
3. In your mercy Lord, please put an end to these scourge.
4. Father, restore your peace that surpasses human understanding into our nation in Jesus name.
Let’s begin to thank God for answered prayers.