They looked like saints on the outside, but devil’s children.
Read Matthew. 23:25-28
25. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
28. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Even so, you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside, you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness (Matthew. 23:25-28)
As human beings, we easily fall into the temptation of judging by outward appearances. On many occasions, we quickly jump into conclusion about who a person is by merely looking at how he or she appears to us, with no consideration of what lies inside of the person (1 Sam. 16:7). Many Christians today care more about their outward looks than their inward living. However, God experts the Christian life to be lived from inside out, and not otherwise (Matthew. 15:11-18).
Placing more value on outward living than the inward beauty is an act of hypocrisy (Matthew. 23:26), i.e. claiming to be before people, what is not in alignment with the condition of your heart. This is what Jesus condemned the Pharisees of His days for. They looked like saints on the outside, but beneath their skins, they were the devil’s children. They were like whitewashed tombs that appear beautiful outwardly, but are full of stinking things inside (v. 27).
The truth of the matter is that our local churches are full of modern day Pharisees. Are you not one of them? Pharisees are people who say and teach people what they themselves cannot do (Matthew. 23:3). They appear like Saints before others, but their hearts are full of defilement. They are Saints in the Church, Angels on the street, but Devils at home. Pharisees dress like ‘US’, but have corrupted their temples with the sin of fornication.
Jesus is still the same today (Heb. 13:8). He is still angry with Pharisaic elements. If you are one among them, make a U – turn today before it is too late.
1. I stand against the spirit of self-deception in me, in Jesus’ name.
2. I determine to live my life to please You, O Lord, and not to impress people; please, help any resolve.
3. Lord, save Your Church, including both the leadership and membership, from hypocrisy and lawlessness rampant among us, today.
God Loves You
Support Our Ministry. It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website. Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return. Please make your donation to this account, To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
Thank You Jesus.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah