14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
THANKSGIVING, PRAISE & WORSHIP
Imela oh, oh ,oh/3X
That’s what my song shall be/3X
God is good, all the time
He put a song of praise
In this mouth of mine
God is good, all the time
Through the darkest night,
His light will shine
God is good, God is good /2×
All the time.
You are the great and mighty God
You reigneth in majesty
Beautiful for all situations
You are the joy of the whole world.
To understand what light is we must first take a look at darkness. Spirutually, darkness is blackness, gloom, evil, strangers in operations, contrary forces lack of knowledge. .
Therefore, we can say that light is the absence of darkness.
Gen. 1:1-3; Is. 60:1-3; Jn. 1:1-3; Ps. 18:45-45
The world, generally, has been through an unusual phase that may be likened to darkness since March 2020.
People have been infected with a new disease. Researchers and scientists have been looking for the cure or, at the minimum a vaccine but there is still none proven.
Many people have been (were) infected with the disease and some died as a result.
The global economy has slowed down and many countries have gone into recession.. According to reports, there is no hope of recovery until late 2021 into 2022 and beyond. recession.
Consequently, businesses, companies, factories were shut down. This has adverse impact on corporate, individual and family finances. The consequences on lives can only be imagined as many people are now struggling under the burden of debt, lack, homelessness etc
The situation described above is succinctly captured in Is. 60:2 – For behold darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people:
Although, the world is now on a very slow path to recovery, we are assured that God had prepared you and I as part of the solution to the current global darkness.
Is. 60:2b – but the Lord shall shine upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee.
It is no accident that the General Overseer of RCCG has been teaching on LET THERE BE LIGHT every month since January 2020.
That will, most likely, help to fulfil one half of Is. 60:2b, that is, but the Lord shall shine upon thee. I pray that the light of God will shine upon you and everyone, everything that is dear to you in Jesus name.
However, a study in Physics taught us that different bodies respond light differently.
- Transparent objects- they look clear that you can see through them. They allow light to pass through them. Examples include water, eye glasses etc.
2.. Translucent objects – they only allow a fraction of light pass through them. For example wax paper
- Opaque objects – no light is able to pass through them. Examples include wood, stone.
Spiritually, we respond to the light from/of God according to our stand in Him. A sinner, for example is like an opaque object, while a genuine child of God is like the transparent objects.
KEY LESSONS .
1 Darkness, however bad it is, presents an opportunity for light to shine. Gen. 1;1-3
This is your time to shine.
- The light of God will shine through any
darkness, irrespective of its thickness. Jn. 1:5
The solution to the current pandemic lies with God.
- The world is waiting for the manifestations of the sons of God at this time. Rom. 8:19
Whereas people are clueless, God has ingrained the answer to the world’s problems in you.
- Are you transparent, translucent or opaque? The world needs your shinning now. Mt. 5:16
At a time like this, we must be the light to the world around us, to our areas of influence.
SOME OF THE WAYS WE CAN SHINE
- Encourage the weak, confused, down trodden people
- Support those in need.
- Live with the conviction that our God reigns.
- Be a good example always. Let no one speak ill concerning you.
- Lead as many people to Jesus, the Light of the world. This is the reason you live. Rev. 4:11 PRAYER POINTS
- Prayer of Thanksgiving. Thank the Lord God the light of the whole universe for another day.
- Father, please let your light shine upon me and all my lived ones. Please shine your light upon every darkness in my.lufe and around me in Jesus name.
- Father, please let every stranger in my life fade our of their hiding places. Remove everything that will not allow me to shine for you in Jesus name.
- Father, please let my light shine to illuminate every darkness around me in Jesus name. This is the reason I am alive today, please let me fulfil your purpose for my life.
Song: This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine/3X
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
- Father, according to Is 60:3, please let the Gentiles come to my light, and kings to the brightness of your rising in my life. Please use me to win significant souls to you in Jesus name.
- Personal prayer requests.
You will shine for God for the rest of your life in Jesus name.