Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
1. Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.
2. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
3. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)
4. And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
5. Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
6. And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison.
7. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
8. And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
If children of God would take time to study the Word of God and pay great attention to His person, ways, attributes and commandments, the world would be a much better place. Prayers will be answered quickly and Christians will revel in the glory and favour of God. We will partially know the reason(s) behind God’s actions and what to do at any time to move His hands in our favour.
By the grace of God, anyone that is conversant with the history and development of the Redeemed Christian Church of God will agree, without any doubt that God has constantly revealed His mind to us in the place of prayer. May His name be praised forevermore in Jesus’ name. Amen!
A careful study of the story of Hezekiah in Isaiah 36-38 reveals two important factors that lead to God’s deliverance through prayer. The first is recorded in Isaiah 37:20, where Hezekiah asks God to deliver Israel for His own sake and not theirs: “Save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone are the Lord” Isaiah 37:20.
God responded by saving them for His glory. There is no greater and stronger foundation for our salvation than this. It is by His grace and it is accessible to all human beings without any qualification. It is open to the poor as well as the rich; it is open to men and women of all ages, race and background. Not because we deserve it, but to show that God is a merciful God who delights in showering blessings on His children.
The second factor is found in the same story. Hezekiah first prayed for Jerusalem’s existence that was being threatened and God graciously answered and saved Jerusalem, again he prayed for mercy and elongation of his own life and God answered too.
In both cases, God’s deliverance came in direct response to a humble and desperate prayer. God will always respond to the desperate requests of His children because Jesus is our sinless high priest who makes it possible for us to approach the throne of grace with confidence.
The New Testament reveals a similar pattern in the book of Acts 12:1-8;
“Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.” Acts 12:5
The Lord answered the prayer of the Church with the miraculous deliverance of Peter. Here again, God answers the desperate prayer of His people for the glory of His Name. I therefore decree, as you make your request known to God this day, He will answer you by fire with signs following in Jesus’ Name.
Father, please don’t let me ever suffer any kind of defeat in Jesus’ name.
Thank You Jesus!
Was This Post Helpful? And Informative? Please Leave Your Comment In The Box Below
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website.
Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return.
Please make your donation to this account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May GOD we Serve Bless You A Million Times in return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah