Be Filled With The Holy Spirit
“Do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord“ (Ephesians 5:18-19).
Jesus tells His disciples that the Holy Spirit “abides with you and will be in you” (John 14:17). But how do we engage this personal Helper? How does His power become real for us?
We are to become filled with the Spirit; another way to express this is to be full of Him. When a person drinks too much liquor, they become intoxicated. When a person is drunk, they are under the influence of the drink. The alcohol dictates the agenda. They don’t get drunk by looking at the liquor or talking about it. They drink it. The more they drink, the more drunk they get.
God tells us that it is like that with the Holy Spirit. To see the Helper develop us, He must have control. We must come under the influence of the Holy Spirit. We must become full of Him. So how do we drink the Holy Spirit?
Remember, the Holy Spirit is a spirit, not a being we can see. He functions in the spiritual world, so that’s what we drink—Spiritual Worship. The Holy Spirit fills up the environment that is filled with worship—songs, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with our hearts to the Lord.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- I act on the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit (tapcopim.com)
- Prayer Of Supplication (ptl2010.com)
- Jesus baptises in the Holy Spirit (dailymedit.wordpress.com)
- Vitality(RPT) (bcong.wordpress.com)
- Drought to Water to Wine: Part 4 – The Fruit of the Spirit (thisisjacked.wordpress.com)
- The Presence of God (terencemuringisi.org)
- Poem About the Holy Spirit (prayers4reparation.wordpress.com)
- Is there any sin that can’t be forgiven? (swordsoftruth.com)