Joshua 20. Six cities of safety. The cities of refuge
1 The LORD also spake unto Joshua, saying, 2 Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses: 3 That the slayer that killeth any person unawares and unwittingly may flee thither: and they shall be your refuge from the avenger of blood. 4 And when he that doth flee unto one of those cities shall stand at the entering of the gate of the city, and shall declare his cause in the ears of the elders of that city, they shall take him into the city unto them, and give him a place, that he may dwell among them. 5 And if the avenger of blood pursue after him, then they shall not deliver the slayer up into his hand; because he smote his neighbour unwittingly, and hated him not beforetime. 6 And he shall dwell in that city, until he stand before the congregation for judgment, and until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days: then shall the slayer return, and come unto his own city, and unto his own house, unto the city from whence he fled.
7 And they appointed Kedesh in Galilee in mount Naphtali, and Shechem in mount Ephraim, and Kirjatharba, which is Hebron, in the mountain of Judah. 8 And on the other side Jordan by Jericho eastward, they assigned Bezer in the wilderness upon the plain out of the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead out of the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan out of the tribe of Manasseh. 9 These were the cities appointed for all the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them, that whosoever killeth any person at unawares might flee thither, and not die by the hand of the avenger of blood, until he stood before the congregation.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- Numbers 35. The laws concerning Murder and Bloodshed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Joshua 20 Cities of Refuge (oh-mag.com)
- Joshua 13. The land still to be taken (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Joshua 14. The land west of the Jordan; Hebron given to Caleb (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Joshua 21 Towns for the Levites (oh-mag.com)
- Deuteronomy 19. The cities of refuge. Cities of safety (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- From weeping to leaping..(2) (afruitinseason.wordpress.com)
- Leviticus 24. The punishment for blasphemy. Taking care of the lamps (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Numbers 13. The Twelve spies sent to Canaan (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Joshua 1. God commands Joshua to cross the Jordan and to conquer Canaan (bummyla.wordpress.com)